Tutorials on X-ray absorption and related spectroscopies. See also https://xafs.xrayabsorption.org/tutorials.html.
There are many tutorial resources available on-line. Many of these may be from Training Workshops and Short Courses and so may change over time. A partial list of external websites with introductory and tutorial pages on XAFS
- XAFS Tutorials from Grant Bunker, Illinois Institute of Technology
- XAS Overview from Iztok Arcon, University of Nova Gorica, Jozef Stefan Institute, Slovenia
- X-ray Spectroscopy mini Courses from Jim Penner-Hahn, University of Michigan.
- XAS Education from Bruce Ravel, National Institute of Standards and Technology. See also: https://speakerdeck.com/bruceravel
Some slides from oral presentations hosted here (PDF format except where noted):
- XAFS Overview from Matt Newville, University of Chicago. Slides from an overview of XAFS.
- Fundamentals of XAFS from Matt Newville, University of Chicago. A longer (~40 page) writeup of notes and discussion of the basics of XAFS.
- Basics of EXAFS Processing from Shelly Kelly, UOP. Introducing the basics of processing chi(k) data in Athena.
- Basics of EXAFS Data Analysis from Shelly Kelly, UOP. Introducing the basics of modeling EXAFS spectra in Artemis.
- Introduction to XAFS from Yaning Xie, Senior Researcher at Beijing Synchrotron Radiation Facility (BSRF) and Institute of High Energy Physics, Beijing, China.